Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Blog Began .... One Year Ago Today


I created this blog with this first post and at that time I wanted an outlet to share the house renovations with friends and family so when they asked where I got my curtains from or what paint colour I decided on they could go to my blog and check out all the details.

At times I wasn't sure if I should keep blogging, if anyone was reading it or if I talked too much and bored everyone to tears. But persevering was the best thing I could have done and it's given me a lot of happiness to be able to jump online and share my ideas and thoughts with you all.

It's also kept me motivated to keep on renovating (with 4 bedrooms, living room and hallway done I can proudly say I'm at the half way point now). When I moved into the house in September 2009 I thought it would take 1 year to do the inside and the following year to do outside which means I should be sipping cocktails on my shiny new deck looking into my shiny new kitchen by now!

Of course I haven't quite got there yet perhaps I was a little too ambitious (damn those 60 minute makeover shows!). When I'm still working full time and then spending weekends diy-ing (and relaxing, shopping, partying, wining and dining) there's only so much you can get done.

We've accomplished a lot and enjoying ourselves along the way which is what it's all about.

What I didn't expect was to discover so many talented amazing people who are doing the same thing and I've spent countless hours looking at other peoples blogs, checking out their homes and building my inspiration file with ideas I'd love to try, finding tried and tested recipes, reading about others trials and trumps.


I really feel like I'm a part of a wider community with my fellow bloggers and want to say a big thank you to everyone who has stopped by to say hi, your comments and emails are read with a big fat smile on my face and I love knowing that you've visited and taken the time to connect  xoxo

Happy 1 year blog-versary Jarrah Jungle!


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[First image mine, Second via we heart it from the book Decorate]

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. I think one year is a great accomplishment! What did we do before blogs??! lol Keep up the great work on the home projects...when you're putting love into the job it just takes a bit longer. It will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 year already? Serious?
    It only feels like yesterday that I stumbled across your gorgeous blog..and gorgeous you! ; )
    Happy 1 year lovely...keep up the fantastic work..we all love you here in blogland :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I canNOT even imagine where your blog will be in one more year. You are such a great blogher! Love, me
    www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on reaching your first year blogging milestone :) I'm often amazing and how many people I have connected with through blogging and how much inspiration it has provided me with. You're doing a great job with all your renovations and I enjoy following where you're up to. As for time, 6 years later in our home, there's still lots to be done renovation wise :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 25, 2011

    Congrats on the big 0-1! We just had the same milestone. Doesn't it feel good?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Michelle! Happy birthday jarrah jungle!
    I know exactly what you mean...I've had the same doubts but luckily I've stumbled across the same amazing people too...your blog is a great contribution to the blog world and I look forward to your posts...I often don't have enough time to visit everyone so I try and split my days...the more wonderful blogs I come across, the more difficult it becomes to keep up with them all...that is a bit of a challenge!
    Keep up the work...we're loving what you are doing :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to 1 year on a lovely blog! Keep up the fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a year of blogging
    Thanks for visiting and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy one year blogerversarie!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!