Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Perfect Match Vegetables & Herbs

With summer now in full swing the vegetable garden is loving the sun and everything is growing well - the tomatoes are now in full harvest I'm collecting a bowl of tomatoes every few days. As luck would have it we were given a basil plant a few weeks ago which has been a match made in heaven to go with the tomatoes.

Tomatoes



Basil



Tomatoes + Basil = Perfect Match


Pete is an awesome cook and made us a delicious home made pasta with these tomatoes and basil - whizzed together some garlic, pine nuts, basil, oil, balsamic, salt and pepper to make the pesto. Cooked some onion and garlic and added the fresh tomatoes. Stirred the pesto and tomatoes through some cooked penne pasta and topped with parmesan cheese. Delicious!

What vegetables and herbs do you think are a perfect match?
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with tomato and basil or I'm also a fan of tomato and parsley.

    Your tomoatoes look fantastic! Mine are not thriving. Again. I don't know what I am doing wrong? They keep getting brown leaves and the tomatoes come out soft and speckled yellowy. Uncool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your toms look awesome! mine have loads of flowers im just waaaaaiting on the fruit - these romas are late bloomers!! I think theyre still recovering from the slight neglect they suffered when I was away for 3 days at xmas - ooops! My basil is cranking as well though, cant pick enough of it! toms and basil are the best combo - esp fresh from the garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see these super fresh summer veggies when its so cold and wet here in London! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!