Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Book Review: Tuesdays With Morrie By Mitch Albom

I have just finished a book given to me by a lovely family friend called Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom


This book is a true story about a professor Morrie and his student Mitch who fate has them crossing paths 20 years after graduating and as Morrie is ill and preparing to die the student agrees to write a final book about the professor as he talks about life, death, regret, forgiveness, marriage and everything in between.

What this book lacked in the number of pages it made up for in the raw emotion of each page. I was on the verge of tears most of the way through, but in a good way it really made me think about life and how we live each day. This is a really magical book written in such a way that you wish you had met Morrie yourself he sounds like an amazing person.

I would recommend this book to everyone - it is a must read and will make you stop and smell the roses in life. I give this book 5 stars.

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch re-runs of Neighbours than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up a pack of tim tams for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


[Image via Mitch Albom]
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. I loved this book too. It's one I go back to occasionally and re-read just to remind myself what is really important. If you are looking for another book, The Five People You Meet in Heaven is another good one by the same author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cry thinking about this book. The same with The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

    If you enjoy a TV movie then they are both good to watch as well. Sob sob...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book and I recommend it to clients (particularly male clients) as part of their personal development exercises. It's a great book and well worth a read. Definitely gives you perspective and encourages you to live ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love this book Michelle - it's the one I recommend most to others who ask for suggestions of a 'good read'. I find it's a book I come back to every now and then. Such a gem x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review.. that'll go on my evergrowing list of books to read..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one too. Thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVEd Tuesdays with Morrie, it's one of my favorites, I'm so grateful you linked it up today!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!