Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

We've Taken Down The Roof (Well Kinda!)

I've already had a whinge this week  about working our butts off over the weekend to get ready for the roof construction to start this week. After the brickwork was finished last month there was a 6 week wait for the roof guy to be ready, then we had to wait for a week or so of rain free weather which fingers crossed is this week.

Pete and a friend removed a couple hundred roof tiles off the roof they had to
take down from where the new garage beams will be put in over the old carport
I had to help stack them out of the way I can tell you I've had enough of stacking tiles!




The old solarhart tank and solar panels (which never worked) are
off the roof and in the skip bin




Now the tiles are off you can see how the roof is put together
with lots and lots of timber beams and then a layer of insulation
not to mention 40 yrs worth of cobwebs too!




Next we had 2 massive tarps that we used to cover the roof structure
where we removed the tiles and secured it well with ties



All the old gutters got pulled off as well and thrown into the skip bin
We'll be getting all new gutters once its finished


Phew I'm exhausted! Me and Pete are moving around like little old people bent over and wincing every time we get off the couch! But at least we're ready for the next stage of the garage extension... now just pray for no rain for the next week or so thanks very much :)

Sharing with linky parties Savvy Southern Styles Wow us Wednesdays and It All Started With Paint Mission Impossible




[All images my own]

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of hard work! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That insulation looks well past its use by date!

    Love that you guys are doing all the reno's by yourself, must be saving a fortune?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what an ambitious project! I sure do admire y'all for tackling it yourselves. Makes me hurt all over just thinking about it! One question - what is a whinge???

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowzers, and I thought I've been busy? It will be worth it though =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a team! That's an amazing project to tackle , I'm impressed! It will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. What a job! Hope you get your roof (and TV ariel) back soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!