Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ordinary Muffins? Just Add Orange!


I had an ordinary chocolate chip muffin mix in the pantry and decided to amp it up a bit with some fresh oranges

I prepared the muffin mixture according to the packet (combine mixture, water, egg) and then grated in some orange zest and a squeeze of fresh orange juice

Baked the muffins as normal and once they had cooled I cut the rind off some oranges and served the muffins with the orange segments



I love the combination of fresh citrus orange and sweet rich chocolate ... the orange cuts through the richness and really lifts the flavour

Whats your favourite chocolate combo?


[All images my own]


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. What a good idea, I find choc chip muffins just a bit too much chocolate overload but I'm sure with the orange they would be much better. I am particularly partial to chocolate and nuts (peanut, cashew, almond, hazel), choc mint and choc orange. And I fresh banana dipped in chocolate sauce is just a bit too tasty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite chocolate is Newman's Own, Orange Dark Chocolate bar...I love it with red wine:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome idea! AND yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!