Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cheese Flags and a Platter

You know when you're at a party hovering over the cheese platter and wondering what type of cheese is before you ... A smokey dutch and strong edam can look pretty similar but have very different tastes!

Well wonder no more when you can make these cute little cheese flags!
 


I was making this cheese platter to take to a party and had a spare 5 minutes so I grabbed .... Some toothpicks, textured paper which I cut in strips with patterned scissors, rolled on some glue, folded it over the toothpick and wrote the cheese names on the flags
 

 
It got a few laughs and nobody had to ask me what the cheeses were, which mean I could relax and enjoy my wine AND cheese!

Sharing with this weeks link parties:
Savvy Southern Style
The Dedicated House and
You Are Talking Too Much

 
[All images my own]
 
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. I will have to remember this tip for the holidays. I do get tired of people asking about the cheese. I read on down your blog - love your garden. It makes me wish for Spring. We are headed for the darkest days of the year and it is hard to get anything done.

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And just in time for all the Holiday get together! Thank you so much for your visit to my blog and for you wonderful comment. I love your blog and I am now foll wing you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love the cheese platter! Goat cheese is my favorite, but I don't discriminate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! and yummy! We just got back from Paris and I have a whole new appreciation for cheese/fromage. The stinkier the better:)
    Happy Friday sweet friend...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!