Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book Review: Young House Love: 243 Ways To Paint, Craft, Update & Show Your Home Some Love By Sherry and John Petersik


I ordered this book Young House Love: 243 Ways To Paint, Craft, Update & Show Your Home Some Love by Sherry and John Petersik from Amazon the day it was released for sale and surprisingly found it waiting for me under  my doormat on the other side of the world only 1 week later - what a great turn around when the delivery was estimated at 3 weeks!


I have already gushed about the Young House Love blog and book debut and I found their book to be an extension of themselves and their blog - full of their likable personality, undying enthusiasm for decorating and renovating on a budget.
 
This book has page after page of projects that are cheap and easy to do. I have flagged a few that I want to have a go at, like using wrapping paper to cover the back of your cupboards - cheap and affective! There are also feature projects from other bloggers, some I knew of and others are new to me so I'm now following along on their clever decor blogs too.

 
I found the dimensions of the book itself to be quite small and the matt finish doesn't really make it a designer coffee table book. But in saying that the thrifty casual design is more YHL style so it does suit the book and the authors.
 
I would recommend this book to those first time home owners wanting to get stuck into some decorating and craft projects to add a bit of love and personality to their homes. Also for any Young House Love fans, you've got to have this book for your bookcase! I give this book 4 stars.
 
Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch re-runs of Neighbours than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up a pack of tim tams for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read

 
[Images via YHL and Babycentre] 
 
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Four stars! Woot!!
    Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Young House Love too, sometimes a little cheesy for me in their writing style but I love how DIY they are. I don't think I'd buy the book but I'll definitely borrow from the library. I'm tight like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!