Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 18, 2013

Recipe: Gingerbread Loaf in Bread Maker

I try to drag my Bread Maker out once a month to make it worth the begging I did for it for my Birthday present last year.
 
I'm yet to make a plain bread - it's either savoury or sweet and this Gingerbread loaf was really light and made the house smell sweet and sugary it was just divine.

GINGERBREAD LOAF
750g loaf in Bread Maker

250ml Water
1 tbs Margarine
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Golden syrup
2 tsp Ginger, ground
1/2 tsp All spice, ground
1 tsp Bread improver
480g Plain flour
2 tsp Yeast
1/4 cup Sultanas
1/4 cup Almonds, slivered

Add the ingredients into the Bread Maker in the following order - liquid, dry, yeast and then press start. 
 
Measure all the liquid ingredients first - add the water, margarine and golden syrup
 

Next add the dry ingredients - Spices, Ginger

 
And All Spice
 

Bread Improver which makes it fluffy


Then the flour is measured and added

 
 Lastly the Dry Yeast to help it rise

 
 Then it all goes into the Bread Maker to mix and knead all ingredients together
 

The sultanas and almonds are dispensed and mixed in
 

Next it rises and then bakes


When it's ready it will switch from bake to warm and you can turn it out


Slather it in butter and eat with a cuppa it's the breakfast of champions!

 
This is what I love about my Bread Maker, you just put it all in there and it mixes, kneads, rests and bakes all by itself!


[All images my own]
 
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. That looks great! I've never used a bread maker, but this makes me want to check them out! Looks really easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yummy. I have only ever made savory bread, but this will be one I try for sure. Although I am selling my bread-maker when I get my Thermomix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. uuummmmmmm yummmmmmmmoooo!!!!!!! looks dellish xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm I can almost smell it!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this looks AMAZING!!! Love your step-by-step pics as well! :]
    Now I need to go buy myself a bread-maker . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!