Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

2014 Ikea Catalogue Favourites

On the weekend between shopping at a dozen or so furniture shops I ended up at Ikea for the first time in months. Unfortunately the new 2014 Ikea catalogue hadn't arrived in my mail box yet so I didn't have the chance to flag all the things I wanted to check out. Plus I was at the end of a 5 hour furniture shopping stint with Mr P and was put on a strict no dawdling time limit !

Ironically, the Ikea catalogue was delivered a few days later and is now appropriately covered in flags and I know what I want to check out on my next visit. The Perth store is open late Thursday and Friday nights now too which is a bonus and hopefully will be less crazy than Saturday's venture!

 
While I'm not one to fill my entire house with Ikea furniture, in fact the only piece of Ikea furniture I had was the Expedit bookcase until this weekend when I found my dining table - I looked everywhere for a table with a frosted glass top and silver legs but had no luck and was stoked to see Ikea had the very design I was after, this Torsby 6 seater dining table at a new lower price of $199.
I get a lot of inspiration walking around the store (although with the Saturday crowd I felt like I was in a herd of cattle following the arrows around!). Going into the little zones they have set up I can imagine how everything would look at home. I really like their graphic print rugs and have always had a soft spot for this Stockholm black and white rug $299. 

My favourite thing to shop for are the decorating items, like these cool artworks and frames I'm tempted to bring home this BILD poster $12.95
The Trilling poster set $12.95 would look great on my art and clock wall with the pops of black and yellow - my particular favourite is the Lemoncello poster.
How adorable are these ceramic buttons in the Graddig wall art set $19.95
My rusty old patio (and the deck which hopefully will be built this year) are in need of some serious pimping with bright new pots, plants and outdoor decor. I'm going for ceramic pots now instead of plastic pots so that Lexi doesn't chew them to bits! Might need a few of these Cashewnot pot with green saucer $7.95
I really like all the bright colours and patterns in the new catalogue, there's no doubt that colour is here for another year! 
 
What's on your Ikea wish list?
 
Check out my previous Ikea love 2011 and 2012 
 
 
[Image 1 my own, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 78, 9]
 
Pin It Now!

15 comments:

  1. I know it sounds wierd but I love the Ikea catalogue - they are just so clever and whether you love or hate Ikea - it is here to stay!! Gotta download it on the ipad if its available...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not weird at all as you can tell I love the Ikea catalogues as well! There is definately a love/hate thing with them though, but I think those that say they hate it really secretly love it too :)

      Delete
  2. I love ikea! So much amazing stuff in there x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love ikea too! I posted my favorites here..http://buhayatbahay.blogspot.com/2013/08/whats-not-to-love-with-ikea.html!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent I will go and check out your wishlist right now!

      Delete
  4. Love this post! They are supposed to build an Ikea in St. Louis, but have been teasing us for years. I love that black/white rug and the neon green saucer. I want, want, want!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we only have 1 in the whole of Western Australia, Im sure if they built another it would be just as busy and popular!

      Delete
  5. I am also using Ikea as inspiration for our new office fit-out. Some of the little home things make an office more cosy. I see Ikea also have a business section now too! Love the prints you have picked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its great for office furniture and organising products too. A lot of office furniture in fact comes flat packed I discovered when I managed our office fit out last year, so may as well buy from Ikea if you have to put it together yourself anyway!

      Delete
  6. I thought the ceramic buttons on the wall were cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool Im very tempted to buy them on my next visit!

      Delete
  7. We have lots of Ikea in our home - we just love the clean modern lines and bright colours. I know a lot of people don't like Ikea but I'm not one of them! Love Scandinavian style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont worry Im a fan too. I think even those that say they dont like it secretely do :)

      Delete
  8. My hubs and I get excited when the Ikea catalog arrives. We wish we were as good at decorating as they are! Gosh, we can only dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha so do I make a night of it with a glass of wine and my post it notes ready to go! They have some great ideas, Im sure you can recreate them just as well :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!