Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

We Are Sydney Bound

I'm so excited because Mr P and I are off to Sydney for a few days for the trip we won with Electrolux last year when we bought their products for our kitchen renovation .... I completed a form for a set of knives and the next thing I know the travel agent was ringing asking when we want to book our trip!


The prize includes flights, accommodation and dinner at Quay where there was a 6 month waiting list so I can only imagine how amazing the dinner is going to be overlooking beautiful Darling Harbour.

Quay is run by celebrity chef Peter Gilmour and is famed for it's snow egg which was on Master Chef a few years ago ... my mouth is watering just writing about it!



We are being picked up from the airport in a limousine like rock stars and taken to our 5 star hotel in The Rocks. The prize only included 1 night accommodation so we extended it to 3 nights as it's a long way to come for just 1 night (it's a 5+ hour flight to Sydney from Perth).

The first thing I'm going to do when I get there is jump on my big king size bed like an excited teenager and after that I will be in pure romantic blissed out happiness until our return to reality in a few days time!


We are going to be tourists in our own country and do a day trip to Manly on the ferry, explore The Rocks area where we're staying, check out China Town and the markets and of course hit the shops!

I've even booked us on a pub tour which I'm sure will be heaps of fun hearing about the history of Sydney town over a drink or three!



I hope you all have a fantastic week!

If you want to stay in touch with my Sydney adventures you can follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter

To go on your own Australian adventure check out the great deals on Travel Factory here


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

[Images 1 and 2 via The Quay, images 3 and 4 via Four Seasons Sydney image 5 and 6]


Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Well done, what a great prize! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it was an awesome prize ... I guess I can no longer say I never win anything!

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a grand time! Based on your Instagram pictures, it sure does seem like you did. I think you could write a post entirely on the snow egg!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had to restrain myself from Instagraming too much! It was pretty amazing, I might have to do a post about that egg, you are right it really deserves its very own blog post ;)

      Delete
  3. sounds great! Syndey is such a great city!
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such great fun I had a blast :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!