Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 13, 2015

Book Club Book Review: The Wedding By Nicholas Sparks

The Book Club pick for the month of April was The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks.

Three of us Book Club girls (yes me included!) are getting married this year so this book was chosen with that in mind!


The Wedding makes reference to the popular romance The Notebook also written by Nicholas Sparks and this is a follow on to it with the characters of The Notebook now elderly in this book The Wedding. Although you don't need to read or watch The Notebook (I haven't!) to understand this book.

This is a story told by Wilson who is married to Jane, both in their 50s, and looking to put the spark back in their marriage after Wilson forgets their 29th wedding anniversary. Fearing Jane doesn't love him anymore Wilson spends the next year plotting and planning to prove to his wife just how much he loves her.

When their daughter announces that she's engaged to be married, the story settles in to revolve around the wedding plans and Wilson trying to save his marriage.

There were some good bits, it was well written and easy to read, the mushy parts did make me feel all warm and fuzzy and I felt compassion for the characters.

I really wanted to like this story more but it was kind of boring, it wasn't engaging, there was no thrill, no suspense, no excitement, just day to day normality's.

I didn't believe that after 30 years someone would suddenly want to start acting like a different person and change who they are in a relationship. Wilson wants to put the spark back in his marriage but it seemed pretty obvious that there was never a spark there to begin with!

I recommend this book to old school romantics and Nicholas Sparks fans.


I give this book 2 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up the last tim tam for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and Instagram


[Image via Dymocks]

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!