Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Mothers Day: Gift Inspiration For Book Lovers

Mother's Day is just around the corner on Sunday 8 May 2016 and I have been thinking about what gift to get my awesome Mum this year .....

My favourite bookstore Dymocks made it an easy choice and put together a Mother's Day gift guide so I decided this year good food is the way to my Mum's heart and I'm giving her a beautiful cookbook.

To narrow down the search as there are so many delicious cookbooks on bookshelves right now I went through Dymocks current top 5 cookbooks for Mum's:

1. The Good Life, Sally Obermeder and Maha Koraiem
2. One Pot Favourites, Pete Evans
3. It's All Easy, Gwyneth Paltrow
4. Australia Cooks, Kelli Brett
5. Dinner with Justine, Justine Schofield


I picked the top two cookbooks on the list ....

One Pot Favourites is a perfect pick for my Mum as she loves her slow cooker and is always looking for new recipes to try.

The Good Life I couldn't resist this one for myself to help with my healthy eating new year resolution.

RRP $39.99 - Now $29.99


I have two of Pete Evan's cookbooks which I love and this cookbook is no exception - it's modern, great images, delicious recipes and who doesn't want to stare into that handsome face on the cover!

This cookbook has 100 easy to follow meals to roast, braise, stir fry and slow cook in one pot. Each recipe includes methods for cooking in one pot whether it's putting it in the slow cooker before heading off to work or putting it in the pressure cooker when you get home for a speedy dinner.

The recipes are paleo based but include alternative ingredients as well if you aren't keen on paleo - this means there is no dairy, legumes, grains or refined sugar in the recipes. There are a lot of recipes which are a meal in one which is what's so great about one pot cooking, less dishes, less fuss, but packed full of flavor from cooking all day long.


Being a slow cooker fan myself I've noticed there's not a lot of slow cooker cookbooks available that are suited to Australian ingredients and methods so this cookbook is perfect for Australian slow cooker fans as it has ingredients that are readily available.

As the saying goes, like mother like daughter, and just like me my Mum loves her slow cooker and we are always swapping recipes for our slow cooker meals so I know she will just adore this book.

RRP $34.99 - Now $26.24


The Good Life is written by two sisters Sally and Maha who have previously published a recipe book Super Green Smoothies. These girls know their superfoods and proteins and it shows in this cookbook which is packed full of over 160 healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

This cookbook is for the health conscious reader and with my new year resolution to start having a healthy breakfast and smoothies it's just what I was looking for. This is not a diet book but more of a lifestyle choice to encourage you to eat dishes with lots of fresh and healthy ingredients.


A lot of the recipes are paleo, sugar, diary and gluten free but there are heaps of tasty looking recipes from breakfast through to dessert. The recipes are coded as lean, fast or fab so you can pick depending on what you feel like eating.

I really loved that every recipe has a stunning full page image to go with it so you know how your dish is meant to look as well as tantalising you to cook it. My favourite thing about this cookbook is the meal plan section towards the back as this will be really helpful in planning balanced and healthy meals for the week.

Overall I really loved this cookbook with it's bright and vibrant images and easy healthy recipes and I can see myself using it a lot.

Tell us Mum's, what's on your wishlist for Mother's Day?


Disclaimer: Thank you Dymocks for sending me a hardcopy of these books to review. As always all opinions are my own. Please note any purchases using these referral links helps to support this blog as I earn a small commission from your sale .... this doesn't affect the price for you in any way and you get an awesome book deal and I get to keep buying books to review - it's a win win!


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[Image 1, 3 and 5 my own - Images 2 and 4 via Dymocks]

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I REALLY need to start eating better, it is horrible! I can't believe how bad I am. Thanks for sharing these books- that one pot one looks great!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have these sitting on my kitchen bench as inspiration to eat lots of healthy veggies and salads!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!