Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 31, 2016

Book Club Book Review: The Husband's Secret By Liane Moriarty

This is my book review of the October book club pick The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

This is the second book by Liane Moriarty that my book club has picked to read and she is fast becoming one of my favourite authors - you can read my review of her other book Big Little Lies here


This is the story told by three main characters - Cecilia, Tess and Rachel who all live in a typical American suburb.

The main focus is on Cecilia who has a perfect life with her perfect kids and husband until she discovers a letter from her husband confessing something from his past that changes her life and everything she thought she knew. Then there is young Tess who is having marriage issues and moves back in with her Mum and sends her son to the local school. There's older Rachel who works at the school and carries the grief of her daughter being murdered many years ago.

Each of the lives of these women interact with each other and have a connection although they don't realise just how much their lives are intertwined until the very end of the story.

Although the story has a dark side it was very easy to read, told in a lighthearted way, with very well defined and likable characters. There is a lot happening with families and love interests to keep the story entertaining.

Often in books you are left guessing at the end whereas this was the opposite and ran through how things could have turned out and what may have been - this was an unusual way to end and I really liked it.

I recommend this book to Liane Moriarty fans.

I give this book 4 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read

 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[Image via Dymocks]



Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I read this book, too along with some of her other books. Def. loved this book (even though it was not really a 'happy' book) and her other books I've read, too!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love this author and did you see they are starting a series of Big Little Lies? It looks so good I loved that book!

      Delete
  2. I liked this book too.

    A few friends didn't.

    Thanks for sharing. I stopped over from Carole's November Books You Loved post.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My book club really loved this one but I can see how it would get mixed reviews. Thanks for stopping by Elizabeth :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!