Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Jarrah Jungle Blog - 7 Year Milestone

I hit publish on my first blog post 7 years ago on the 24th of May 2010 
and have written over 1000 blog posts since then !

I know I'm a little early but I wanted to write about my blog's 7 year milestone before our new addition arrives as our little girl is due in May and who knows it could be any day now so I thought I'd better hit publish on this post now before my hands are full as a first time Mum! 

If you're reading this THANK YOU for coming on this blogging journey with me all these years and for sharing in my adventures (and misadventures) of turning Mr P and I's first house into a home we love.


What changes we've seen in our home over the last 7 years - we've completely gutted, renovated and restyled our home inside and out, built a garage extension, added a front courtyard and built a backyard deck and patio. There's not a wall we haven't painted or door we haven't replaced we've transformed every inch of our home with love and care to turn it into our own abode. 

The property goal for us from the beginning was to renovate and retain the front house and to subdivide our block in two and I'm thrilled to say we have finished the last stage of this and are awaiting the subdivision to be signed off as complete which should come through any day now.

We can then put the back block on the market for sale or we will wait for Perth's property market to pick up a bit - it will depend on what advice we get from Real Estate agents once we're read to take this next step.

We'll continue to live in our renovated Jarrah Jungle home on the front block until we feel it's time to move into a bigger family home (which may be sooner than we thought with a baby on the way!). But we really want to enjoy all our blood, sweat and tears and the home we have created for now.


On a personal note you've been there when Mr P and I become fur-parents to our rescue dog Lexi, the excitement of our engagement and then our DIY wedding and now our journey into parenthood as we will soon be welcoming our little baby girl into our home.

I promise I won't bore you with too much Mum life stuff but I will continue to write about how our home and style evolves as we turn our couples retreat into a family friendly home.


Thanks again to you my amazing readers for all your support over the years and coming on this home loving journey with me xxx


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[All images my own]

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. 7 years - what a huge achievement - I'm coming up to 6 later this year - although it doesn't really seem that long. All the best with the baby! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your support Carole I love following your recipes and book reviews on your blog! x

      Delete
  2. I have been reading your blog for a long time! I don't know how long it's been, but I've enjoyed following along. I am excited to hear about the birth of your baby!!! Can't wait!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been there through so many milestones with me Carrie! Thanks for your support on my blog I really appreciate it x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on reaching this massive milestone and on becoming a soon-to-be mum! Wishing you all the best with the birth and hope you love being in a newborn bubble soon where life takes a slower pace and it's all about your gorgeous little girl. My bub recently turned one and it's been a fun and crazy ride - especially loving now as he's communicating more and making me laugh with his quirky little personality.

    Gina
    http://stylecurator.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gina so many changes ahead but it's an exciting new chapter :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!