Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Day Amongst The Weeds

I actually got my dainty little hands dirty and spent a day in the garden weeding and planting. Bear in mind this is the 3rd time in my whole entire life I've done this gardening thing and it was raining on and off. Shocking I know! But it was worth it we made heaps of progress - 2 garden beds are cleared ready for a herb garden and vegetable garden, the back fence garden and the garden between the house and patio got a bit of pimping and planting too.

Proof I'm not a princess ALL the time!


Herb Garden - This bricked up garden bed is going to make a perfect herb garden as it's right alongside the patio so I don't have to wonder too far from the house for more mint for the mojitos! The big Geranium plant was dug up and planted elsewhere, the bed was weeded and it's now ready for some herbs to be planted.

BEFORE
This is how it looked when we first moved in and the grass hadn't yet been killed by the scorching hot summer


DURING
This is how it looks now ready to be filled with lots of my favourite herbs


Patio Garden - This garden is where the future deck will be built so we don't want anything too permanent here but an attempt to disguise the pipes and hot water system and a bit of greenery to look at. The big Geranium plant was split into about 10 smaller plants and transplanted around the Monstera Palm type tree that was already there.

BEFORE


AFTER




Vegetable Garden - This larger bricked up garden bed is going to be the vegetable garden - the Dietes plants amongst these weeds were pulled out, split into about 20 plants and transplanted along the back fence. This bed is now ready for some vegetables to be planted.

BEFORE


DURING



Back Fence Garden - This was weeded enough to fit the row of Dietes and I must confess it was getting late by then and I was getting a bit tired so coming up with all sorts of excuses to finish weeding for the day ... the bins are full we can't fit anymore weeds in ... I better go put the roast in the oven or we'll be eating at midnight ... nobody will see behind the tree can't we leave that bit .... eeeeeek a sorpion (ok so it was an earwig) - you get the idea!

BEFORE


AFTER


Transplanting the plants we already had means we didn't spend a cent but the making of these gardens is coming along nicely. Can't wait to get the herbs and vegetables planted so they can start growing so I can eat fresh goodness straight from my own backyard!
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. My hands look like that a lot. It feels good to get things in the yard done. Thanks for joining the party. I need a link back to my party in your post, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just learning to be a gardener as well, it is such a time consuming never ending job isn't it! Your garden is coming along great guns though. I love your excuses at the end of the day, I would have been exactly the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hands do get dirty but I like the results and sometimes it feels good too...gardening helps me feel relaxed.
    thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!