Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I'm On A Mini Break

With me working full time, renovating on the weekends and blogging in between I feel like there's hardly any time for other things - so I'm giving myself a mini break from today and having a few days off work and into the Long Weekend.

I want to take myself shopping to find some holiday outfits and a new suitcase, give Lexi some much needed exercise and attention and catch up with my gorgeous friends who I don't get to see nearly as much as I want to.
 
Lexi wanting some attention :)

As indulgent as it sounds I also want a PJ wearing day where I get to watch all my favourite shows on Foxtel, paint my nails, read magazines and catch up on my favourite blogs.

Magazine stash ready and waiting
 
I would also love a whole day to bake in my lovely new kitchen ... I'm yet to bake a cake or anything sweet in the new oven. To have a full day to cook a delicious meal for Mr P that we can eat in our newly renovated dining area would be so good.
  

Kitchen ready for a bakathon and dining ready to be christened!
 
Another huge milestone this weekend is the AFL Grand Final on Saturday - For my overseas readers this is probably on par with your Super Bowl celebrations! Our top 2 football teams go head to head our West Australian team Fremantle Dockers Vs Victorian team Hawthorn. Mr P is a big Freo Dockers fan and we are throwing a Grand Final Party and having some mates over to watch the game with lots of yummy food and drinking games. Another reason why we've been keen to tidy up the backyard, fix the patio fence and get the kitchen renovation finished.
 
Purple fever .. Go the Dockers!

Here's to mini breaks and recharging the batteries!
I hope everyone has a fantastic week and Long Weekend :)

 
[All images my own]
 
Pin It Now!

15 comments:

  1. PJ wearing day sounds great! Hope you have a great mini break and that you get to do all the above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could really use a PJ day right about now... that sounds awesome. I have a really big magazine pile right now... sigh. I need more me time :) Enjoy your mini break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your mini break, it sounds like you have it all worked out! Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on an accidental and hopefully mini break at the moment too! All your plans sound fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle, I was visiting at Khammany's Sweet inspired Home and saw your comments on her post. Jarrah Jungle sounded so interesting. Enjoy your break! You deserve it after completing your kitchen/dining area. I love the mirror and those gorgeous chairs. Great Job. When you come back I will be looking forward to reading your next post. Good luck to your football team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candy thanks so stopping by nice to meet you :) The kitchen reno has definately driven me to take this break need a bit of me time after all that hard work! Thanks ... go the Dockers!

      Delete
  6. You deserve the break Michell! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I to am having a mini break and today I painted a bedroom, am hanging on the edge of my seat for the Dockers to win. xxx Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your not meant to do any work on your break :) Sounds fun though ...hope you'll share some photos. Yes go the Dockers!!

      Delete
  8. Have a lovely break, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your nice words everyone I dont feel like such a sloth for having my PJ day today :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a PJ day and oh man was it great! I wish we were all allowed 2 a year. Now, that's an idea for future work negotiations! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, lets start a petition for 2 PJ days a year :)

      Delete
  11. I hope you're enjoying your mini break! We had a PJ day yesterday watching DVDs on the couch and eating yummy food (neither of us are footy lovers) and it was just what I needed. I also hope you all had a lovely get together yesterday even though the footy result wasn't what was desired.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your mini break! You deserve it! :]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!