Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

eDesign Mood Board - Jarrah Jungle Laundry

I've been getting my creative dose on Polyvore again and have designed a mood board for the Laundry Room renovation.
 
In this design I've kept the colours fairly neutral with white cabinetry, wooden bench and greens from the art and plants which will hopefully make the space appear fresh and bright.
 
 
Jarrah Jungle Laundry Room
 
 

Here is a summary of my design:

1. White overhead cupboard - Attached to the wall above the bench for storage of all the usual laundry cleaning products, bottles, sprays, etc.

2. A small corner shelving unit - For the side of the overhead cupboard to display the frequently used items (see 3 and 4). As this will be close to the window open shelves will be less evasive and not block the window like a full cupboard will.

3. A terrarium or house plant - Sitting right in front of the window will be the perfect place for a house plant and hopefully with all the sunlight it won't succumb to my black thumb ways!

4. Glass storage jars - I'd like some some glass jars to fill with laundry detergent, Lexi's doggy treats, that kind of thing. They'll look nice displayed on the corner shelving unit.

5. Laundry Pin Up Art - Following my love for pin up art if I can find a cheeky laundry style art for this room that would be perfect. Or a metal vintage sign would look good too.

6. Tiles - I had in mind using grey tiles for the floor and white tiles for the kick tile. For the splash back we were going to use our leftover white tiles from the bathroom renovation, but I really like the look of feature mosaic tiles like these green/blue tiles.

7. Laundry work top - I want the work top to be one long piece from wall to door frame with a sink cut out. I'm thinking a dark wood look might play in nicely with our jarrah floorboards. Oh what a treat to have a bench in this room I won't have to sort clothes all over the floor!

8. Laundry mixer tap - A large modern mixer tap that can maneuver around and fill up buckets and so forth.

9. Laundry sink - A round silver sink built into the bench so it's seamless and neat. Gone are the days of the massive laundry trough, I don't think there's a need for a huge trough.

You can see my mood board on Polyvore here with links of where you can buy the items.

What do you think of my Laundry Room design?


[Image via Polyvore designed by Jarrah Jungle]
 
Pin It Now!

17 comments:

  1. Love it! Come see me for the Soap Dispenser. I use mine in the laundry all the time!
    Tracy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your mason jar soap dispensers Tracy, I might just take you up on that!

      Delete
  2. PS: We added a long bench to our Laundry/guest bathroom and I can tell you it is bloody brilliant. We ended up paying the extra for stone tops and do not regret it for one minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are now tempted to get granite so will get a quote for the same granite we used in our kitchen and bathroom reno just to see the difference in price :)

      Delete
  3. Michelle - I think your mood board is great and your left-over white tiles will fit in perfectly well. I love the poster and the colours in the mosaic tiles work nicely with it. Personally, I think the size of mosaic tiles could make it a bit too busy looking. Thanks for introducing me to Polyvore - a new toy for me to play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree mosaics can look busy so Im still deciding on the splash back tile :) Polyvore is a little addictive and great for fashion ideas too!

      Delete
  4. Hi Michelle, love it, especially the jars and the vintage poster. I have a large ceramic sink and wouldn't be without it. Just a thought, the large sinks are good as baby baths? Rae xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think Iv ever seen a ceramic sink in the laundry, only plastic or steel. There wont be the pitter patter of feet for me in this house, but maybe for the next family that live there. Something to think about to make sure the sink is big enough for a little bath tub! Thanks Rae :)

      Delete
  5. I love those glass jars! I would love to try out homemade laundry detergent someday, it'd be fun to display them in something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea, Im sure Pinterest has some good mixes!

      Delete
  6. love this mood board! our laundry is in the basement, so having a bright space like this would be sooooo nice.
    -- jackie - jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Michelle. And a mixer tap that can be maneuvered will be real handy too. I love having plants indoors - may I suggest airplants for the laundry? They're really easily to maintain and look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trishie and yes I absolutely love airplants what a great idea!

      Delete
  8. I look forward to seeing how it all pans out.
    Just wanted you to know, I nominated you for the KIdspot Voices of 2014 campaign. Thanks for all the support you constantly give me and my blog. Good luck with your lovely blog in the comp.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks so much Carolyn I feel very honoured! I love being a part of the blogging community theres such kindness and support from everyone, its what keeps me blogging all these years! Thanks again xx

      Delete
  9. Looks great Michelle... you have the same benchtop I want for our laundry, I love butcher block benchtops! I have a laundry-related question for you as you are my go-to expert... do you know how difficult it is (and how expensive) to get the water pipes for the washing machine moved? Ours are in the middle of a wall, the cabinetmaker told me they should be changed to go under the sink so we don't have ugly water pipes sticking out of the middle of our new splashback. Mr Nerd thinks it is going to be really expensive and isn't too keen on going that route!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maya I thought I emailed you but will reply here as well incase the email is lost in junk land! Im not sure what the cost of moving the pipes will be but for us its a necessity so we can add overhead cupboards and a splash back. I will let you know, hopefully it isnt too expensive!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!