Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Avery Product Review - Engagement Stationary

Our engagement party was on the weekend, all the hard work and planning was worthwhile we had a magical night, my friends and family were amazing the support they gave, and Mr P and I are on cloud nine feeling the love from everyone and for each other!

Now I'm going to share some of the DIY projects I did for the party, starting with the Invitations and Address Labels.

Most people know that Avery have a huge range of home products but they also have a range for celebrations and events as well which were perfect for the engagement party. Thanks very much Avery for provided me with these products to review.



What I found really neat about the online designs is the same template design is available for all of their products so you can have a matching set - they have invitations, post cards, place cards, labels, gift tags, party bag kits which could be used for any type of party of even a wedding.

You can copy your design across to the multiple products so you don't need to start the design all over again which is what I did.

Once I'd finalised the invitations I copied the design over to the address labels so they matched with the same colours, font and style. I did the same for the party bag kits which I'll share in a separate blog post.


The Design and Print Online on the Avery website is a really easy system to use.

You enter the product code of the item and it will bring up all the templates available for you to edit, personalise, save and print.

You can save all your designs online and come back to them to edit further or delete the ones that didn't make the cut.

For the engagement invitations I created a few different designs from the templates and once I'd decided on my favourite I opened my design, attaching a mail merge with everyone's names, checked to make sure each would print ok, then put the invites into the printer and printed them out.

I did have some trouble printing both sides of the invitations, but that's because the invites didn't like to go through the printer twice so halfway through I changed my design to just print the front. 





Once the invitations were printed they easily pulled apart without having to cut or trim them for a nice neat clean edge. 

I glued some heart rhinestones to each one for a bit of bling and they were complete and ready to go into the envelopes.



For posting the invites I used the address and return address kit which I didn't realise how fancy it was until I went into the template section and found that it prints both a small label with the from address and a large label with the to address. How adorable is that!

I copied the design from the invitations across to the labels and then inserted a mail merge document with everyone's names and addresses.

These printed out really well and were so easy to use, I'd definitely recommend for that professional finish and it's a nice touch that the labels match the invitations.






I found some pearl envelopes which I chose over the cheaper white envelopes and I'm so glad I did, I think it's worth spending a little more on nice envelopes as they make the invitations look that little bit fancier!

I filled each envelope with some heart confetti and finished with an envelope seal sticker and they were ready to be posted.





I'm so happy with how the invitations turned out and I really liked how I could personalise them and make them all a matching set.

Price wise, they cost a lot less to do myself than I would have paid to get them printed out professionally. They worked out to be approximately 85 cents each for the invitation, labels, envelope, rhinestone and envelope seal.

I think they are really good value and well worth the time to get creative and Do It Yourself!

What do you think of my DIY engagement stationary?

Check out my other engagement posts here:
Engagement party planning and inspiration
DIY Birdcage card holder
Including our furbaby Lexi in our engagement celebrations


Sharing with link parties:

Disclosure: Thanks very much to Avery Australia (Celebrations With Avery) for providing these products for review. I have not received any payment or compensation. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and Instagram


[All images my own]


Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. The stationary is too cute.

    http://mimiandchichi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and I love handmade invites. The rhinestones are a really nice touch, too... and, I'm not sure if you saw my confetti pic on IG, but I love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a little embellishments here and there really bring them to life :)
      I sure did Carrie, whats not to love about confetti!

      Delete
  3. My daughter is planning a DIY wedding so these would fit the bill perfectly. Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These would make perfect wedding invites and you can dress them up with ribbons or embellishments too.

      Delete
  4. These are very cute. I love finding things to do myself instead of spending a lot more money for it somewhere else. Thank you for sharing at Motivational Monday Link Party! I would love to have you again Sunday night. Have a great weekend!

    Love Bethany from The Southern Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They worked out a lot cheaper to DIY and then we got exactly what we wanted too and I could reprint extras at the last minute when we invited more people which is exactly what I did, without the drama of having to get them professionally printed :)
      Thanks I will be sure to link up some more engagement party projects soon!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!