Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, December 21, 2015

Book Club Book Review: Big Little Lies By Liane Moriarty

My Book Club's book choice for the month of November was Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

This is the last book we will read for the year as we have a break in December and then our next book club meet up is in January.

My favourite book club reads this year are The Book Of You - if you love a good thriller you must check it out and this one Big Little Lies - both awesome reads I can't recommend enough!

This is also the last book review I'll do this year - I've read and reviewed 35 books on the blog in 2015!


This is a story told by 3 very different school Mums who become friends as their kids start kindergarten school together.

The story of each of the women's home lives is intertwined with comments from the Police interviewing people at the school about a crime that is committed, but you don't know what the crime is or who the crime is against until the very end.

This was a very funny, fast paced, modern story which dealt with real issues like domestic abuse and bullying, but in a very smart way. I would not call this a mystery or thriller, but more chick literature with a good solid message behind it and a dash of humour thrown in.

The mystery of the crime held out until the very end which makes this such a brilliant read, it kept me entertained and guessing until the last page.

It had everything that makes it a brilliant book - likable and realistic characters, believable lifestyles, I could imagine that this is what life would be like if I had kids that were in school !

I recommend this book to anyone who likes fast paced, entertaining, funny and witty chick literature and Liane Moriarty fans.

I give this book 5 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[Image via Dymocks]

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. I read this book this year, too and I really enjoyed it! Wow, 35 books! That is amazing. I read 16 this year!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool that you've read this one too!
      Well to be fair some of those were cookbooks I reviewed which I didn't read page to page :) But I do love to read, I have a lot of time travelling to and from work each day which I pass the time by reading :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many great things about Liane Moriarty's books - I'll have to grab a copy of this for my honeymoon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll have to read her others as well now, this one was brilliant, a good honeymoon read!

      Delete
  3. I have had this book on my shelf for two years. I picked it up at the BEA, but have never gotten around to reading it.

    I did read The Husband's Secret.

    Thanks for sharing your review...Wednesday!!

    Stopping by from Carole's Books You Loved February Edition. I am in the list as #10, #11, #12, and #14.

    Happy Reading!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will finish it in just a few days Elizabeth its a really fast paced and entertaining read! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!