Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 15, 2016

Book Review And Preview: Try Not To Breathe By Holly Seddon

This is a book review and sneak preview of Try Not To Breathe by Holly Seddon that is due to be published by Random House on 23 February 2016.

Holly was born and raised in the southwest of England and now lives in Kent with her husband and four children. In her 15 year career, Holly has worked in some of the UK's most exciting newsrooms, as a freelance writer she's been published on national newspaper websites, leading consumer websites and magazines. This is her first novel.

I am so impressed that this is Holly Seddon's first novel and I hope it won't be the last - she is a brilliant writer. Her previous work experience in newsrooms shines through with the knowledge she had of the journalist in this story.


Right from the start you will be drawn into the mystery surrounding the main character Amy and want to know what happened to her as a young impressionable teenage girl that put her in a coma where she has laid for the last 15 years.

The story is broken into chapters from the past and leading up to the present, each chapter getting closer to the details of the story and who committed the crime.

There are 3 main characters who tell the story - Occasionally it's Amy who is locked inside herself but starts to relive what happened to her ....... Sometimes it's Jacob who was Amy's teenage boyfriend and is now a husband and father to be ....... But mostly the story is told by Alex a journalist trying to find out what happened to Amy, to solve the crime and get justice.

All the characters in the book are well developed, realistic and keep you interested in the story of their life and how Amy's situation has affected them.

This was a very fast paced thriller that won't disappoint even the most impatient of mystery readers. This is one of the best thrillers I've read (and as you know I read a lot of books!)

I recommend this book to suspense and mystery readers that like fast paced thrilling reads with realistic characters.

I give this book 5 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


Try Not To Breathe: A Novel can be purchased from the author here and Random House 


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley


Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this ebook published by Random House to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter



[Image via Random House

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good book! You don't give many 5 stars either!! Thank you for sharing!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm a hard marker aren't I Carrie so you know this one has got to be worth a read!

      Delete
  2. 5 stars! Must be a good read then. I'll have a lookout for it when it hits the stores

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm quite hard with my marking but this ticked all the boxes, it's a must read Trishie :)

      Delete
  3. 5 out of 5!! Wow. That's a great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a must read if you like thrillers Leanne, it's really good!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!