Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 8, 2013

Washing, Cooking And Winning!

A few weekends ago while Mr P and I were having a weekend getaway relaxing in our hotel room and winning money on the roulette table our awesome plumber spent the day at our house finishing all the plumbing in the kitchen - fitted the kitchen sink and tap, installed the dishwasher and the gas stove.
 
Now the kitchen sink is in the sink saga is just a distant memory and I'm so happy with the smaller sink. It gives me a lot more bench space with the drainer on the other side too so it was worth the stress that day to work it all out properly. We are trying to sell our fancy Clark sink on Gumtree .... fingers crossed we sell it without losing to much money.
 
 
We procrastinated for weeks on a kitchen tap and only decided 2 days before we had to have it there's nothing like a bit of pressure to push you to make a decision! We chose a mixer tap with both round and square features because the handles of our kitchen cupboards are square but the bench tops are bull nosed and round so this kitchen tap was perfect with its mix of both features.

It's important to keep your fittings in the same style so they match - we took this on board when we did the bathroom renovation which was all round fittings including the shower heads, taps, bowls, handles and mirror.
 
 
The dishwasher we bought a few weeks ago and that has now been installed. After my white Vs silver appliance debate we opted for a white dishwasher so it sits in the bank of white cupboards and drawers and blends in. I'm really happy with our choice on this because it looks more streamline and you don't really notice it whereas if it was silver it would stand out and be a distraction. Who wants to be reminded about dirty dishes? Not me!
 
 
Turning it on for the first time was a momentous occasion ... I read the instruction manual like it was a juice magazine, did the salt test to check our water is suitable, then filled the baby up with our dishes and turned it on and listened to it purr like a kitten ...
 
No more washing up in a bucket in the laundry trough
No more smashed bowls because they're balancing on the drainer on the washing machine
No more chipped nail polish from washing up by hand
WOO FREAKIN' HOO!
 
Now onto the cooking side our gas cooker was installed which means I officially survived 7 weeks of renovating and cooking without a proper kitchen to cook in. It's been such a treat to cook with gas compared to our old electric stove/oven. We converted to gas as part of the renovation and now have a brand new electric oven and gas stove all hooked up and ready to use. I also managed to sell our old oven/stove on Gumtree for $95 so that was good to get a bit of money back.

 
Of course the most exciting news about buying the Electrolux oven and stove was that we won a trip! Flights from Perth to Sydney with a night in 5 star accommodation and to dine at Peter Gilmour's Quay Restaurant. Pretty exciting stuff and I entered the promotion to be given a Global Knife set and had no idea I'd win the major prize! The knife set arrived last week and our old Global Knife set has been cast aside.

The trip will be the perfect reward after all this renovation work to be able to celebrate in Sydney in style :-) 

We were the WA winners of the promotion!!!
 
So now all the plumbing and cooking is sorted other than the range hood which we purchased the other weekend but can't install it until after the splash back has gone on. There are so many things to remember when renovating one step follows another you really need to be super organised!
 
The kitchen splash back is our next project - we went tile shopping but couldn't really find what we wanted so we have decided to go for a glass splash back and have had 2 quotes and now just need to chose a colour and a glass company ... I will keep you posted.
 
For updates on the kitchen as I go Like Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and you'll never miss a thing! 
 
[All images my own - Promotion image via Electrolux]
  
Pin It Now!

13 comments:

  1. The white dishwasher looks great, it really does blend in with the white cupboards.

    I agree with keeping the fittings the same - I like them matchy matchy and they look so much better when they do!

    PS: Enter the Cosima Skincare giveaway today: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/07/cosima-organic-skincare-review-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blending in was the plan :)
      Thanks Trishie I'll check out your giveaway

      Delete
  2. Looks great Michelle! You should be proud. And I think the white dishwasher is perfect. We don't even have a dishwasher, so I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Its my first dishwasher so I know how you feel!

      Delete
  3. It's all loooking good Michelle! & how exciting, winning a trip to Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its like you never hear of anyone winning any of these promotions ... until someone does!

      Delete
  4. looks fantastic, the white dishwasher is perfect. You are going to love spending time here. Unlike me, love to look, hate to clean. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im with you thats why theres a room in my house, the cook doesnt have to clean up!

      Delete
  5. Wow, you won a trip! How lucky is that! Your kitchen looks like it came together really well. I couldn't handle life without a dishwasher for one day let alone weeks! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know very lucky and a big surprise :) Thanks its my first one so Im feeling very spoilt already

      Delete
  6. It looks great (and I'm jealous of the dishwasher)! I can't wait to hear back on the splashbacks as I'm kind of over the tiles behind my sink area and would prefer a splashback :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I have picked a colour for the glass, I will share with you soon!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on winning the trip. Doesn't a dishwasher change your world! Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!